KOD Lyons provide high quality legal advice in relation to all aspects of Family law. We are one of Ireland’s leading law firms in both the private and public family law sphere. We offer our clients a professional, thorough and discrete service providing solution driven family law advice. We try to adopt a constructive and collaborative approach wherever possible, however, if litigation is necessary, we are experienced in litigation in District, Circuit and High Courts.
We are members of the Legal Aid Board’s private practitioner panel for both Circuit Court and District Court family cases and are also active participants in respect of a new mediation/collaborative law initiative in the District Court.
Specific areas of our child and family law practice include:
- Separation and divorce;
- Dealing with the financial consequences of marital breakdown;
- Disputes on property, business interests and trusts in the context of relationship breakdown;
- Children’s issues – guardianship, custody, access and maintenance;
- Domestic Violence – protection, safety and barring orders;
- Recognition of foreign divorces;
- Pre-marriage legal advice;
- Co-habitation and non-marital relationships;
- The rights of grandparents and foster carers.
- Adoption law
- Children in Care and acting as their voice in childcare proceedings
- The rights of family carers and respite provision