The majority of people in Ireland who come into contact with the Gardai and the criminal justice system do so through prosecutions under road traffic legislation. At KOD Lyons we understand the importance to our clients of expert advice and representation when faced with a road traffic offence. We have an experienced Road Traffic Department dealing with all kinds of prosecutions against road users.
Road traffic matters that may appear to be simple can in fact be complex and our expertise will help you make sure that you understand your legal position and that the courts deal with you favourably.
We are experts in dealing with all manner of road traffic issues including:
- Drink Driving (including Drug Driving and failure to provide a sample);
- Dangerous and Careless Driving;
- Speeding and other penalty point offences;
- Regulatory offences such as failure to have insurance/NCT/driving licence/motor tax;
- HGV/PSV offences;
- Applications to restore driving licences.
Whether you are accused of bad driving (ranging from failing to stop, careless driving to dangerous driving) or alcohol and/or drugs related offences (such as driving whilst unfit, driving with excess alcohol, or failing to supply a specimen for analysis), our lawyers can make the difference between you losing or keeping your driving licence.
Click here to view Road Traffic penalty points FAQ’s.