Clients considering setting up in business in Ireland will need to carefully consider the manner in which they do so. Traditionally business set up can occur as a sole trade, a partnership or the incorporation of a limited company. The way a client selects their business set up will depend largely on the type of business being carried out and the customer base being targeted. There are also risk elements to consider, for example if you set up as a sole trader and your business fails your personal assets could be at risk of sale to pay your creditors.
KOD Lyons Solicitors can offer a number of products relating to company and business set up. We offer our clients the following catalogue of services which can be specifically tailored to suit our clients needs:
- Bespoke advice on Company Formation & Incorporation
- Company Incorporation via the CRO (The Irish Companies Registration Office) platform to include:
- Company Seal
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Bound Company Register complete with shareholders, directors and company details
- Bound Copies of your Company Constitution
- Copy of all documents filed
- Share Transfer documents completed
- Company Director Information Book
- Company Secretary Information Book
- Preparation of particular Company Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Draft precedent Employment Contracts in line with Irish & European Law
- Draft precedent Employee Handbook including a variety of issues such as health and safety, GDPR, data retention, bullying and harassment, grievance procedures etc.
We provide separate specialist services in addition to the above on the following:
- Company Credit Report Check and Due Diligence Checks
- Debt Collection
- Advice & drafting on Distribution Agreements, Franchise Agreements and any other Commercial Agreements
- Preparation & Drafting of Partnership and Shareholder Agreements
- Advising on Business or Asset Purchase Agreements
- Employment Law Advices
- Employment Law Seminars for staff training
We also work closely with a number of trusted partners in the following areas:
Property and Commercial Lease Advice, Intellectual Property, Copyright, Trademark and Patent Law, Licensing to Trade, Planning Queries, Accountancy Services, Stock Broking & Investment Services.
All in all we aim to provide our clients with a fully serviced product to meet all of their needs in an efficient, professional and confidential manner.
The relationship of the employer and the employee can be a complex one, particularly when the parameters of that relationship are not defined from the outset. We provide a confidential and professional service to employers from the creation of their contracts of employment, employee handbooks, policy documents, creation of grievance procedures and staff training.
Employment Law is technical, complex and current. Therefore, it is of the utmost that you are kept up to date with changes in this ever-growing area. With global trade and global migration on the rise and a highly skilled population of workers we at KOD Lyons have seen a significant rise in the number of contentious cases coming before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Courts. We have a wealth of experience in Bullying & Harassment Cases, Dismissal cases (Constructive & Unfair), and Redundancies.
We advise clients, both employee and employee, with regard to contentious employment law cases before the Workplace Relations Commission, The Labour Court, The District Court, The Circuit Court and the High Court as well as advices relating to the Equality Tribunal and the Labour Relations Commission.
Please contact John O’Doherty or Stephen Kirwan for a professional and confidential consultation relating to.