We have many years experience in defending all kinds of criminal prosecutions. From minor public order and theft matters in the District Court, to serious fraud and murder or rape charges in the Central Criminal Court, KOD Lyons defend charges across every aspect of the criminal justice system.
We provide assistance and advice at all stages of the process, from advising at Garda Stations through to trial and all appeal stages to the Court of Criminal Appeal, Supreme Court and ECJ.
We understand that being charged with a crime can be a stressful experience for our clients and their families. We have a passionate and committed team of lawyers who are fearless in their defence of their clients’ interests. We provide clear advice at all stages of the process and explain matters in plain, jargon-free language. We always deal with cases professionally and discreetly, and will at all stages seek to protect, where possible, the privacy of our clients from media exposure.
An example of the services provided, include:
- 24 hour on-call service to advise clients in Garda custody;
- Advising clients prior to any Garda investigation;
- Representing clients at all criminal courts throughout the State;
- Bail applications in District Court, High Court and Supreme Court;
- Types of cases dealt with include: Public Order, Theft and Fraud offences, Assault, Sexual offences (including rape and historical abuse cases), possession of child pornography, Murder, Extradition, Firearms offences;
- Appeals to all courts and miscarriages of justice;
- Defending individual and corporate clients in relation to Health and Safety Prosecutions;
- We represent clients in Police Property Applications and in relation to the retention of goods and funds under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice Act 1994 (and the Proceeds of Crime Act 1996);
- All Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) Proceeds of Crime applications.